Limiting departments in Attendant Console

Unanswered Question
Nov 19th, 2007

Hi All,

I'm trying to work out a way to limit the list of extensions that each Attendant Console client sees. We want certain Attendant Consoles to see extensions from a certain department only and have no access to others. I know we can use a local .txt file for this but would prefer something automated as our environment has a lot of adds / moves / changes. Have thought of greping the department I want from the CorporateDirectory.txt that ACclient generates when it starts, then putting this into another .txt file and then set the 'Path Name of Local Directory File' on the ACclient (Edit / Settings / Advanced). When you set this ACclient no longer generates the CorporateDirectory.txt file automatically so nothing new to grep from.

I'm wondering if it's possible to generate the .txt file directly from DC directory somehow if it's not possible to force Attendant Console to generate it every time it starts. Has anyone else come up against this situation and found a solution?

Any input would be appreciated, I'd love to upgrade to ARC but can't get the budget for it :-( We are using CallManager 4.1.3.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

This Discussion