Views
Helpful
Replies

connection between WS-C3750G-12S-S and 2800 series router

nileshmathure
Level 5
Level 5

I am ordering a WS-C3750G-12S-S

. We need to connect it with a cat 5 cable. Because the specs for this switch say it has 12 SFP-based Gigabit Ethernet ports. Does that mean I should be able to connect this with a normal RJ45 connector ? I am goignt to buy 11 SFP's I need to conenct to 11 other switches. But one of the port will connect to a 2800 series router and our only choice is to connect this with a RJ45 as we do not have access to that router. Will there be any interfaces I will need to buy to connect one of the sfp port with RJ45 ?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes you are going to need a 1000BaseT SFP - part number GLC-T=. This provides a standard RJ45 connector and operates at 10/100/1000 on the 3750.

HTH

Andy

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Yes you are going to need a 1000BaseT SFP - part number GLC-T=. This provides a standard RJ45 connector and operates at 10/100/1000 on the 3750.

HTH

Andy

Great . Thanks. Just the answer I need . It has helped me tremendously for sure. Thank you.

Regards

Nilesh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card