cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SSH credentials in LMS 3.0

srego4
Level 2
Level 2

Can anyone tell me where I can edit/add the SSH credentials for RME 4.1. Under RME/Edit Device credentials, I find only snmp, telnet, enable etc. but no option to enter ssh. however when I do a "Management Stn. to Device" check there is an option for "ssh" credentials.

Unless it is being called by anotehr name? I would like to do this (edit/add) ssh through the gui as well as bulk (via csv files)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes to all questions.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

LMS stores all credentials in DCR. The primary and secondary username and password credentials can be modified under Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management. The same credentials are used for telnet and SSH. The protocol used is determined by the various sub-application's protocol order.

Thanks,

Does this mean that I can use the same fields (primary username or secondary username ) for my ssh fields in the csv files as well for Bulk import?

If I do not use ssh v2 or acs for some devices, can I just leave the username blank and put in the password (telnet) and enable (enable secret)?

Yes to all questions.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: