Views
Helpful
Replies

Has Phishing volumes changed ?

Rayman_Jr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

What's your general feeling about the Phishing volumes which are getting through ? Have you seen any differences between different locations ?

We have pretty big user community in Europe and US without major phishing problems (only few reports ) but we are getting a lot of reports (daily) from South Africa (with ~5000 users).

Our IronPort rules are similar for Africa than it's for rest of the world. We are also adding X-header if message is ranked as "suspected" SPAM but seems that all passed phishing messages are clean and not detected by IronPort.

Have you seen similar problems ?

2 Replies 2

Jarih - pls report missed phish mail to us at spam at access dot ironport dot com.

We have spam rules in place that are also used to pick up phish mail - however if we can enhance these rules we try to so *please* send samples so we can write rules to capture these.

Rayman_Jr
Level 1
Level 1

I have sent IronPort Outlook Plug-In for Outlook to local HelpDesk which will (I truly hope so) report the Phishing messages to IronPort support.

I have instructed them to use "Other -> Report threat -> Phish" action when reporting the Phishing