cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Presence status on 7931 phone

SBCdd7343
Level 1
Level 1

With the 7931, if speed dials are configured for the bottons, is their a way to see presence status without looking user/phone up via lookup? For example, does the light blink red if the speed dial-contact phone line is busy?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jerry,

This is possible for sure;

The feature you need DSS/BLF is available in CCM 5.x (and later) as well as CME.

Unfortunately, not in any earlier versions of CCM. So you have the either/or choice that you have seen. Eitherconfigure the Button as a Shared Line (to see the status) or as a Speeddial for quick Transfers :(

In CCM 5.x this is a traditional BLF (Busy Lamp Field) which is used to monitor On/Off Hook, Busy/Idle conditions on users phones, as well as having a Speeddial functionality for fast dialing and Transfers.These keys can't be used to answer actual calls.

Cisco Unified CallManager Speed Dial Presence

Cisco Unified CallManager supports the ability for a speed dial to have presence capabilities via a busy lamp field (BLF) speed dial. BLF speed dials work as both a speed dial and a presence indicator.Only the system administrator can configure a BLF speed dial; a system user is not allowed to configure a BLF speed dial.

States are:

Idle

Busy

Unknown

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_implementation_design_guide_chapter09186a008070bc02.html#wp1070507

For CME the feature is called DSS/BLF (direct station select/busy lamp field) where you have basically a speed-dial button that also lights up when the person is on the phone.

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jerry,

This is possible for sure;

The feature you need DSS/BLF is available in CCM 5.x (and later) as well as CME.

Unfortunately, not in any earlier versions of CCM. So you have the either/or choice that you have seen. Eitherconfigure the Button as a Shared Line (to see the status) or as a Speeddial for quick Transfers :(

In CCM 5.x this is a traditional BLF (Busy Lamp Field) which is used to monitor On/Off Hook, Busy/Idle conditions on users phones, as well as having a Speeddial functionality for fast dialing and Transfers.These keys can't be used to answer actual calls.

Cisco Unified CallManager Speed Dial Presence

Cisco Unified CallManager supports the ability for a speed dial to have presence capabilities via a busy lamp field (BLF) speed dial. BLF speed dials work as both a speed dial and a presence indicator.Only the system administrator can configure a BLF speed dial; a system user is not allowed to configure a BLF speed dial.

States are:

Idle

Busy

Unknown

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_implementation_design_guide_chapter09186a008070bc02.html#wp1070507

For CME the feature is called DSS/BLF (direct station select/busy lamp field) where you have basically a speed-dial button that also lights up when the person is on the phone.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks for the quick and thourough response Rob. Very very helpfull.

One other question you may be able to answer. What is the maximum distance for copper wiring? I have analog phones I'd like to connect to a VG224. The VG224 will reside in the new telco closet. Can we connect the VG224 to the punch down block in the new telco closet, then run the copper wiring to another phone block 800 feet away in a wharehouse, and connect the phones via this block in the wharehouse? I know analog copper connections can run far, but not sure the limit.

Hi Jerry,

You are very welcome :)

We use the VG248 to supply an Analog device at one of our Grounds Buildings which is at least 600m away. This is via a Tie Cable (24 gauge wire). The max distance listed by Cisco is 975m for a phone with 1 REN. The specs are for the ATA, but the VG's should be quite comparable. Have a look;

Q. What is the maximum distance from which I can drive an analog device with a Cisco ATA?

A. Table below provides maximum distances for this question.

Ring Loads and Distances

Ring Load (per RJ-11 FXS Port) Maximum Distance

5 REN 200 feet (61 m)

4 REN 1000 feet (305 m)

3 REN 1700 feet (518 m)

2 REN 2500 feet (762 m)

1 REN 3200 feet (975 m)

Cisco ATA, however, is not designed for long-distance usage. The simple test is to determine if the phone or phones that are connected to the Cisco ATA work properly in their environment.

Pay attention to the following questions:

1. Can the Cisco ATA detect on/off hook from the analog phone?

2. Can the Cisco ATA detect the DTMF signal?

3. Can you dial the remote side?

4. Can the Cisco ATA ring the phone?

5. Is voice quality satisfactory?

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/gatecont/ps514/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00800c4d1c.html#1034692

Hope this helps!

Rob

That is exactly the info I needed. Thanks Very much Rob.

Have a good turkey day

Hi Jerry,

You are welcome my friend! Sadly, in Canada we had Thanksgiving last month so no Football and Fun for me this week :(

Enjoy!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: