cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Funny Characters while configuring 1841 Router

t_m0ceiwai
Level 1
Level 1

While changing the ISO of a 1841 router, same funny character appeared while on Rommon> command. How do I get rid of these funny characters ?

5 Replies 5

pemasirid
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Check you console baud rate set correctly and config register value is set to 0x2102

Good luck

Still doesnt work. Every time it boot still funny characters appear and if i press any button on the keyboard it in replaced with symbols. What do i have to do next??

Check wether your flash card insert properly. Change the baud rate to 115200 and try.

I off the switch on the Router inserted the flash card but it is still the same, everytime it boots funny character appear on the Hyper Terminal, even when i press a letter on the keyboard, it appears with some funny characters. Is there any possible solution for these problem ??

this is a classic case of mis-matched baud rates on the router and the PC.

You need to do a trail and error method and use the available baud rates from 110 to 921600.

I am sure this will solve the problem.

-Sai.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card