cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Intranet configuration for cisco 2821 router

prakashkamte
Level 1
Level 1

we have office in differrent loaction people from those office wants to connect to our server using local address through intarnet presently they have access through public ip how do i configure my router to let them access my server through private ip insted of public ip

3 Replies 3

bvsnarayana03
Level 5
Level 5

I assume ur server is having IP in privavte range & is getting natted on the FW or router itself.

Heres what u hv to do:

If ur remote offices are connected to central site where the server is located via point-to-point links, then u may prefer to run routing protocol on all routers to advertise the private range of subnets. These subnets will be recvd by synchronised among all routers. Once these routes are recvd by remote end routers, users there can access your server by its original IP.

You may then remove the nat on Firewall or router. If there is firewall in between the user & server, the u may add acl for the server access.

pls rate if helps.

Hi,

Let me explain the setup first the server hosted inside our network has to be accesed by the outside network through public ip where i have nated on my router apart from

this we have our own offices in two different location for which they want to access through private ip through intranet how shall i go about

Hi,

Let me explain the setup first the server hosted inside our network has to be accesed by the outside network through public ip where i have nated on my router apart from

this we have our own offices in two different location for which they want to access through private ip through intranet how shall i go about

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card