Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC Emergency Message

smithsera1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm running IPCC Version 4 on CCM 4 and I have a small script set-up for a mini call centre.

However I would like to automate the emergency process a bit easier, at the moment if there is an emergency e.g fire, someone needs to login to the CRS server and click a parameter on the application pages which then tells the script to play the emergency prompt, however I'm sure there is an easier way to do this and would really appreciate any pointers.

Thanks alot

Paul

5 Replies 5

lpezj
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

You can try to develop a simple application, a simple web page, with that emergency check. You can have an xml file on IPCC Express that when someone connects to the web page, reads the simple 'xml' and it allows to change the Emergency Check (true). Your simple web oage change the xml and the next time the script executes, read the XML file and check if the Emergency parameter is true ot false.

Basically is the same solution used for you now, but you avoid to connect to the AppAdmin configuration web page.

You can try to develop the same application and used a parameter in a database.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

Thanks Juan Luis,

The option above is 1 way to go but I was wondering if there was another way you could do it with an xml file, by say, calling a number and then forcing the script to an emergency script/prompt??

Hi,

I think that you can program that, creating a JTAPI trigger realted to a script that changes the value of the check in xml file to true. Or you can program a Menu Step that when you call to that number, for example, if you press 1 changes the flag to true and if you press 0 changes the flag to false on the xml file.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

(Please, rate helpful posts ;-))

What we do for emergency and after hours is to have an xml file in the repository. We can manually switch to Afterhours/Emergency by calling a number. Here is the way we did it:

Mode Change Application:

Call the Trigger number for this mode change application.

Put in User ID: this is a customer specific ID (5 digits number). There is an xml file related to this ID xxxxx.xml.

Put in PIN: The PIN is in the xml file.

When pass the authentication, the current status will be read out (Normal/Afterhours/Emergency). Then you can press 1 to change to Normal, press 2 to change to After Hours and press 3 to Emergency. The new status will be written back to the corresponding xml file.

In the IVR or ACD applications, there is a step to check the mode status. The 5 digit number related to a particular application can be configured in the application page (we make it a parameter there). When IVR/ACD application is triggered, it check the xml file, if the mode is Afterhours or emergency, different messages will be read out.

Hope this helps.

Would you be able to post a sample script and XML file that you use to accomplish this? I am looking to setup the same for my company.

thanks