Views
Helpful
Replies

CCME Hunt Group question

cpartsenidis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I'm currently facing a problem with a customer's CCME hunt groups which I'd like some feedback/input.

I've configured the following hunt group:

!

ephone-hunt 11 sequential

pilot 356

list 302, 301

timeout 10, 10

description menu-option-2

!

As shown, the pilot number selected is 356, so when I dial 356, phone 302 starts ringing and if the phone isn't answered within 10 seconds, 301 starts ringing. Everything works fine up to this point.

Now, if extension 302 places a 'Call Forward' to another phone (cause the person is away from his phone) and I dial 356, the 302 phone will start ringing, totally ignoring the fact a 'Call Forward' has been placed!

Is there any work around this issue or any suggestion which will help overcome this problem ?

Any input is much appreciated!

Many thanks,

11 Replies 11

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Configure a final number within the ephone-hunt, simply configure 'final ' this will then route the call to the final destination.

Regards

Allan.

Allan,

When configuring "final ", will the call be routed to the final destination when all previous extensions have "Call Forward" enabled or will this permanently route the call to the final destination ?

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

call-forward is not applied when calling pilot, but if you dial the extension instead, should work.

If you want to answer hunt-group calls from another phone, configure dynamic membership 'wild-card" and FAC.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

jose.zarraga
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Frien

When a line belongs to a hunt Group, the feature CFW All does not work when the call come in from the Hunt Pilot.

I think that there is a feature (I dont what version CCME) to which allow to the IP Phone do logout of the Hunt Group, by the way, the IP Phone will not recieve any call from Hunt Pilot.

Hi Jose,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm basically looking for a workaround that will allow the user to receive calls when his at his desk (Call Forward off), and have the hunt list skip his phone when he's got 'Call Forward' enabled.

Cheers,

Hi, as mentioned above this is the expected behavior, if you want calls to hunt-group to go somewhere else than configured extension, use dynamic joing hunt-group.

bevilacqua,

If I used dynamic join hunt groups as suggested, then if I'm not mistaken, the user will have to:

a) Log out of the hunt group, so the call is directed to the next extension

b) enable call forward so all calls made directly to his extension will be forwarded to another extension.

If the above is correct, then this means the user has to perform two actions in order to resolve this issue;

Your feedback is much appreciated.

Not exactly. You logout of the hunt group, and rejoin on the other phone. This can be simple as a key press if "hlog" softkey is used.

If the phone where to take calls only seldom partecipates to hunt-group, you can not use "hloh' button and the dynamic join with FAC instead.

This has the advantages that the status line of the phone does not show "disconnected" like Hlog button does.

bevilacqua ,

The whole work-around sounds a bit too 'messy'.

I really can't understand why Cisco hasn't provided us with the ability to force hunt groups obey the status of the phones (e.g call forward enabled).

Is there anything more simpler we can try?

This particular installation is only 11 ip phones and having them login/logout of hunt groups will just complicate things.

As most of you would have experienced, most customers simply want to continue working as they did with their old PBX and my experience shows that Cisco has unfortunately failed to integrate simple functions which traditional PBX users expect to be covered by today's latest IP telephony solutions, and I have to admit, they do have a point.

Hi,

I think CME's design on not letting CFA to activate for calls coming via hunt-group pilot, is the correct one.

Had you let do that, each person would be able to redirect hunt service on phones that were not designed for. Supposedly is the system admin that decides which phone can or do participate in the hunt-group, and the software correctly give you tools to enforce this.

On top of that, you have two mechanisms (non mutually exclusive), dynamic join and hlog button, that give you a lot of flexibility in controlling how "mobility" in ephone-hunt is supported. Have you tried ?

These are added features, and they come to a price of having to learn how it works (very simple) and how to activate it (one or few more keypress). That is hardly from a complication.

Not messy at all, and in fact I think that CME hunt-groups are a brilliant solution that I use in a lot of different cases with great customer satisfaction. Do not forget that legacy, cumbersome ACL systems for few positions, still costs in excess of $10,000, while CME does the same with simplicity, only one reason more for which any comparison to traditional PBX come in CME favor.

hello,

some one have a example of dinamic join group and FAC?

I need the same when the operator is in not available he can do a redirect to another extension. the operator is the first in the huntgroup for incomming call from pstn.

kind regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: