cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN CONCERNTRATOR 3005 running at 100 CPU!!

r.gill
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

We have a customer which has a VPN concerntrator model 3005. They have been complaining that over the last 6-7 months that connectioned from about 20 remote sites (L2L) have been running very slowly. This occurs especially when the VPNC CPU shows that it is running at 100%. As soon as this drops, it all returns to normal. However, it is intermittent and even when there are minimal active sessions the CPU goes to 100%. The VPNC has 64mb ram and the usage is a mere 30%...Can anyone explain what is going on? The remote sites are running cisco routers over broadband. Which pass through a PIX 515E (via ACL) to be authenticated on this VPNC.

Someone help?

Regards

Randeep CCSP

3 Replies 3

jsivulka
Level 5
Level 5

High CPU utilization may depends on a number of factors, please let me know the following:

1 - Do you have compression turned on for any of the group, how many of those users connected at the same time, compression is extremely cpu intensive?

2 - Is your SEP card(s) taking load, what does "Monitoring | Sessions | SEPs" show?

3 - What other features you have configured on the box, QoS/Routing Protocols?

4 - Do you have logging turned on the box, if yes, what are the severity levels configured, high

severity level will result in high cpu util.

3005's are software based - ie no hardware based encryption cards.

Hiya!

Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate it. I shall find out the information for you and get back to you as soon as possible with my results!!!

Hmm very interesting!!

Regards

Randeep CCSP

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: