cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN CONCERNTRATOR 3005 running at 100 CPU!!

r.gill
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

We have a customer which has a VPN concerntrator model 3005. They have been complaining that over the last 6-7 months that connectioned from about 20 remote sites (L2L) have been running very slowly. This occurs especially when the VPNC CPU shows that it is running at 100%. As soon as this drops, it all returns to normal. However, it is intermittent and even when there are minimal active sessions the CPU goes to 100%. The VPNC has 64mb ram and the usage is a mere 30%...Can anyone explain what is going on? The remote sites are running cisco routers over broadband. Which pass through a PIX 515E (via ACL) to be authenticated on this VPNC.

Someone help?

Regards

Randeep CCSP

3 Replies 3

jsivulka
Level 5
Level 5

High CPU utilization may depends on a number of factors, please let me know the following:

1 - Do you have compression turned on for any of the group, how many of those users connected at the same time, compression is extremely cpu intensive?

2 - Is your SEP card(s) taking load, what does "Monitoring | Sessions | SEPs" show?

3 - What other features you have configured on the box, QoS/Routing Protocols?

4 - Do you have logging turned on the box, if yes, what are the severity levels configured, high

severity level will result in high cpu util.

3005's are software based - ie no hardware based encryption cards.

Hiya!

Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate it. I shall find out the information for you and get back to you as soon as possible with my results!!!

Hmm very interesting!!

Regards

Randeep CCSP