cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Device Group Interface Range Example ?

dainat-bis
Level 1
Level 1

I want to add a group with all device in the Ip Address range from 10.10.0.0 to 10.35.0.0. I don't want to create 25 entries for that with the "start with" syntax, instead I want to create only one entry with the "range" value field, but I don't know the correct syntax for that and I can't find any example in the documentation.

10.10 - 10.35.

or 10.[10-35].*.*

don't work.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

akemp
Level 5
Level 5

Which application (s)?

In Campus the syntax for discovery IP address ranges fit what you listed, but the exclusion and inclusion lists are much more basic only allowing wildcards.

If you're refering to Common Services Group Administration the syntax would be 10.[10-35].[0-255].[0-255] to specify the range of permissable devices in 25 class B's.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

akemp
Level 5
Level 5

Which application (s)?

In Campus the syntax for discovery IP address ranges fit what you listed, but the exclusion and inclusion lists are much more basic only allowing wildcards.

If you're refering to Common Services Group Administration the syntax would be 10.[10-35].[0-255].[0-255] to specify the range of permissable devices in 25 class B's.

Note, group ranges in OGS is only supported in LMS 3.0 and higher.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: