Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC4402+AP1242 and WPA problem

lukebrennan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've been having a problem for the past few weeks. Before upgrading our wireless infrastructure with the WLC we just used standalone 1242's. 802.11b devices would connect to an ssid using wpa-psk. Something has happened lately and these devices won't work anymore, laptops and other devices work with the same ssid just fine.

If I should send more info just let me know.

Hope you can help.

I am attatching a debug client log for one of these devices, the only errors I see are dhcp, but the clients have always been setup statically:

4 Replies 4

lukebrennan
Level 1
Level 1

This has been fixed, just changed from static to dhcp on the client.

Odd, static should work as well I would think.

Richard Atkin
Level 4
Level 4

It is likely that you have a 'DHCP Required' rule in the WLAN settings. If you disable / remove this setting, the WLC will not required clients to get a DHCP IP Address before granting them access to the network.

Regards,

Richard.

No, DHCP required is not enabled on the WLC. I checked this.

Sometimes there are issues using static IP addresses on the client side. This can result in the client associating but not authenticating as the clients ARP entry never hits the controller and thus the client is never in the controllers client list. Use DHCP when necessary, 90 percent of tac calls at Airespace were a result of not using dhcp.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card