Views
Helpful
Replies

RME 3.5 and user field

gbusson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

using LMS 2.6. When I add new devices using Common Service, i was able to defined users fields that i used later in CS to define groups

Want to do the same thing in RME but i don't find user field when i create a group ?

Any idea ?

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

RME doesn't have its own user fields. However, you can make use of the same groups you configured in Common Services within RME.

Hi,

how can i do to use the same group. I don(t find then when i want to define RME Group ?

You don't need to define a new group in RME. The Common Services groups will show up when you perform RME tasks such as config archive, software management, etc. You can use that CS group for all of those tasks.

it is that you can make use of any group defined in one of the applications in any other application e.g. for to generate a report in RME

to see the system defined application groups you'll have to change the Device Selector Settings:

Common Services - Device Management - Device Selector Settings - Group Customization

look for 'Application Specific Group' and change it from 'This Application Group' to 'All Application Group'

If you define a Common Service Group with filter on the user field - this counts as a 'User Defined Group' and you can drill down to your group at this point in the Device Selector of any Application. So it is not necessary to have the possibility to define a filter on the user field in RME.

(What I do for User defined groups is to beginn the name of the group with the application in which it was defined (like CS_userField_01)- so I can find the filter definition quickly)