cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OSPF Duel Process Route Selection

jmcmasters
Level 1
Level 1

I have two OSPF Processes running on a router one for our Voice network and one for Data. What I am trying to do is Redistribute a connected interface into both processes but Prefer the Voice Process. Does the Metric command override what is inserted into the route table?

router ospf 200

router-id 172.23.16.1

log-adjacency-changes

area 8141 authentication

timers throttle spf 1000 1000 1000

redistribute connected metric 200 subnets route-map Voice-Connected

network 172.23.16.0 0.0.0.255 area 8141

distribute-list 10 in

!

router ospf 100

router-id 172.23.9.16

log-adjacency-changes

area 0 authentication

summary-address 172.23.9.0 255.255.255.0

redistribute connected metric 210 subnets route-map Voice-Connected

network 172.23.9.0 0.0.0.255 area 0

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Jeremy

Perhaps I am confused about what you are trying to accomplish. When you redistribute a connected interface into OSPF, it is a connected interface on the local router, and OSPF will advertise it to its neighbors as an external route. The metric that you specify in the redistribute command will specify the metric advertised to neighbors. But nothing in the redistribution will change what is in the local routing table.

This router has 2 OSPF processes. Will the neighbor that it advertises to also have the 2 OSPF processes?

If I have not addressed your question then perhaps you can clarify so that I understand and can answer better?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Yes basicly the connected to router will have the same OSPF processes. What I would like is for the connected network to be added under OSPF 200 in the route table.

The connected interfaces will be advertised to the neighboring router as E2 with metric 200 under the process configured on neighboring router.

The process in to which these routes will be redistributed is, the process u configure on neighbor router.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card