Call Redirect?

Unanswered Question
Nov 20th, 2007

I have a script that currently checks for day/time/date and if all pass it plays a Welcome message and drops the caller into the queue. All of that works just fine.

I'm trying to change that script so the after it passes all initial checks it 1st calls the main front desk person. If she answers all is good and the script ends.

If the phones is busy or she doesn't answer I want it to go back to the script..play the welcome message and drop the caller into a queue. This is working just fine if her phone is busy but doesn't work if she doesn't pick up. It just keeps ringing.

Any thoughts on how to get it to go back to the queue if she doesn't answer?

Thanks

Jen

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Abdulbaseer Mohammed Tue, 11/20/2007 - 22:34

Jen,

You may accomplish this several ways. One way is to setup Rona in your script another way is to have a setup in Call Manager at the operator extension if not answered after 5 rings go to queue (x12345).

Please rate if helps.

sue.fritz Mon, 11/26/2007 - 05:47

What timeout field?

Under Call Redirect I only have Successful, Busy, Invalid, Unsuccessful. All of which except for successful I have set to send the call to the queue.

dvowell Mon, 11/26/2007 - 09:51

Hi Jen,

If you use a "Call Consult Transfer" Step instead of a "Call Redirect" this will give you a "timeout" branch. You can set the timeout period in the step properties.

sue.fritz Mon, 11/26/2007 - 11:12

I don't seem to have a "Call Consult Transfer" option. I wonder if my version is to old. I'm on 3.5(3) I do believe.

Actions

This Discussion