Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 Common Service increase recommended size limit

jayshihlin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am running LMS 2.6 and every time I checking Log File Status (Common Service > Home > Log File Status) my logs such as: dmgtd.log, daemons.log, psu.log, and license.log always showing in red font and is way over the recommended size limit. I wonder should I or how can I increase the recommended size Limit (currently set as 30000 bytes as Less than 1% of utilization on all log) The only exception is stdout.log which is 4450787 over 5242880. I ran logBackup.pl several times, but right after I ran it, the logs mentioned above still showing over than recommended size. Any suggestion and opinion are great appreciated.

Thanks,

JL

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Recommended size is just that, a recommendation. Going above this does not cause anything to fail unless disk space becomes exhausted. If you do want to increase those recommendations, you can modify NMSROOT/conf/logstat.conf.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Don't use logBackup.pl. Instead, configure logrot.pl to maintain your log files. Logrot is designed to run while dmgtd is running, and will allow you to truncate and archive log files. Logrot is documented in the LMS online help, and you can access its configuration menu by running:

/opt/CSCOpx/bin/logrot.pl -c

Once you have logrot configured the way you like, you can schedule it to run periodically using cron.

Thank you for the reply. I will setup a schedule logrot.pl to truncate the log. Just a side question. Is 30000 recommend size limit is fine? It shows that its utilized less than 1%. If I can increase the recommended size limit is that better or I should leave it as 30000 bytes See attachment. Again, thanks for your respond.

JL

Recommended size is just that, a recommendation. Going above this does not cause anything to fail unless disk space becomes exhausted. If you do want to increase those recommendations, you can modify NMSROOT/conf/logstat.conf.