Views
Helpful
Replies

Secondary Dial Tone

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hello Folks,

I have a problem with secondary dial tone. We dial 9 to get out. Let's say I am dialing 9514-1234-5678. When I dial 9 I don't hear any dial tone but as soon as I dial the next digit which is 5 I get the secondary dial tone. I would like to hear the secondary dial tone right after dialing 9. Could you please help? I am using CCM 5.1

Thanks,

MK

25 Replies 25

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

review all of your route patters and translation patters starting with 9 or X to make sure the provide secondary ringtone box is checked. also make sure there are no overlapping DNs in the system beginning with 9.

use DNA to anylyze further.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks Chris,

I verified all the Route and Translation Patterns and everything looks good. The "Provid outside dial tone box" is checked but I don't have any Secondary ringtone option in the route and translation pattern pages. I also used the Route plan report to see if there's any overlapping DNs begining with 9 but there's none. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

So, anybody has any idea? Please

Thanks,

Trust me you have a route pattern or a translation pattern somewhere that overlaps with 9 and does not have the "provide outside dial tone" cheked. make sure you don't have translation patterns such as XXXX as that will ovrlap with everything and cause this issue.

Chris

In my route paterns, I have 9., 9.@ and 911. Do you think the 911 is overlapping? If so, how can I resolve the issue?

Thanks

It is if you dont have the "provide outside dial tone" cheked on it.

Basically by having it checked it means provide secondary dialtone after the first digit, so if you have 3 route patterns begining with 9 and 2 of them have it checked and one does not then the secondary digit will not be heard until there is no more overlap. So, lets assume that the 911 does not have it checked, you will hear seconday dialtone after you dial 91[2-9], after 3rd digit.

HTH,

Chris

Chris

The problem is that the 911 and all other route paterns have the Provide outside dial tone box checked.

Here's in attach all route paterns that we have and trust me when I say the outside dial tone box is cheched for all of them. There were some extensions starting with 9 that I have removed them but it still doesn't work.

Thanks,

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Bahman,

Long time, hope all is well! Did you use this when you removed the extensions that began with 9?

Try this method via the Route Plan Report;

Deleting Unassigned Directory Numbers

This section describes how to delete an unassigned directory number from the route plan report. Directory numbers get configured and removed in the Directory Number Configuration window of Cisco CallManager Administration. When a directory number gets removed from a device or a phone gets deleted, the directory number still exists in the Cisco CallManager database. To delete the directory number from the database, use the Route Plan Report window.

Procedure

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 Choose Route Plan > Route Plan Report.

The Route Plan Report window displays. Use the three drop-down list boxes to specify a route plan report that lists all unassigned DNs.

Step 2 Three ways exist to delete directory numbers:

a. Click the directory number that you want to delete. When the Directory Number Configuration window displays, click Delete.

b. Check the check box next to the directory number that you want to delete. Click Delete Selected.

c. To delete all found unassigned directory numbers, click Delete all Found Items.

A warning message verifies that you want to delete the directory number.

Step 3 To delete the directory number, click OK. To cancel the delete request, click Cancel.

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803ed686.html#wp1024696

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob,

I am doing great, thank you for asking. There are some unassigned number but none of them starts with 9. What else do you think can be the cause?

Thanks,

In addition of the previous post, I have got another question. I have two GW's in the same city and would like to de load balancing for the calls. What I mean is to send the first call out of the first GW and the second call out of the other one. How can I do that?

Thanks,

Could someone please help?

Thanks,

If it is CM 4.1 there was a bug that did not clear unasigned DNs from database even though you deleted them from the GUI. There was a ES for this (I dont remember the number). I would suggest openinig a TAC case to get this ES.

Chris

It's a CM 5.1. As I said there're some unassigned number but none of the starts with 9. How can I use digit analyzer in CM 5.1?

Thanks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: