cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity to AD Distribution list

balitewiczp
Level 2
Level 2

Is there a way to tie a 4.2 Unity mailbox to a Active Directory Distribution List? thanks

5 Replies 5

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

yes, what is your plan?

rlp

I didnt know if that was possible. I want to tie a unity mb to a AD Distiribution group. When I search in Unity for the AD DL, I cant find it. I search for first name, last name, and alias. Is there something my AD admin has to do, or what must I do in Unity?

thanks

where and how are you searching? how exactly?

randy

Click on New Subscriber / Import existing Exchange User/ mail system time = exchange, selected correct domain, and tried by alias, last & first name

Ok either we are talk about two different things or it is just being done wrong. I hope it is the second.

OK here is what I am talking about. If you create a Unity DL. the dl is created in Exchange also. you can add Unity subscribers too it and see them in the Untiy SA.

At the same time, Excgange DLs can be inported into Unity also. I am not totally sure if the Exhange DL members are visible in the SA because of the permissions on my server.

In any case the Unity subscriber needs to be created first before it can be added to a dl whether by adding it through Unity in the SA or adding it in Exchange System Manager which will work also.

goto Pulic Distribution Lists and hit the + sign to create a list and then add subscribers. again the subscibers have to be there first.

If there are any issues post again.

rlp