cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call flow recommendation

mabouchard
Level 1
Level 1

We have Call Manager Express 4.1 running on a 2821 router using integrated Unity Express voicemail. We currently have 8 POTS lines total that are connected to FXO ports. The first 4 lines are in a carrier hunt group and configured to ring to the auto attendant. All this is fine. We have another another 4 lines used for a helpdesk connected to another 4 FXO ports and these lines are in a seperate carrier huntgroup. I would like to have these lines ring directly through to user phones that have helpdesk extensions assigned. I currently use 7961 phones and have unique extensions for each helpdesk line that is represented as a line on each of the users phones. In this config I like the fact that one user can put a call on hold and another helpdesk person can see the call and pick it up if this is on hold. I am wondering if there is a better or easier way to do this. My concern is if we want a 5th and 6th helpdesk line. In this current scenario we would be out of phone buttons. Any recommendations or help appreciated.

3 Replies 3

This is a bad practice. It seems good functionality and does work well in small business units but time and again I have see many firms when they grow to bigger phone systems this is very common problem to put behind.

There are many best practices that really do not advice keeping this functionality to see what your co worker is doing, who is on hold etc. The better practice is you train employees to handle calls and first call resolution etc. Local rules and global and remote agents also presents many hurdles for this approach as your firm grow.

If supervisor wants to keep an eye they are legally allowed and the better way is to monitor via dashboard, real time stats etc.

please rate if helps.

THe scenario I descibed is not to be able to monitor helpdesk employees but rather to be able to place a helpdesk call on hold and have another person pick up. We could obviously always transfer like we do now.

So what is the best practice for doing a helpdesk/call center type scenario using existing user phones? ANy recommendations?

configure park and page