AW Synchronizer Issues

Unanswered Question

I am having issues with second of my Distributor Admin Workstations. The machine had a catastrophic failure and had to rebuild the entire machine, everything was going fine until the services were brought online for the first time. The software is IPCC Enterprise 7.1.2. Everything else is working without issue but the second real-time DAW is throwing out the following errors and cannot establish a real-time feed. At the moment it is not a problem but if we were to lose the primary DAW we would not be able to make any changes or get to reporting. I have check all of the documentation that I could find and it deals mainly with the Logger and Peripheral gateways not the AW's, and I have verified that IP communications between all of the members of the cluster for SideA and SideB are working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rtclient Process

18:20:00 dis-rtc Synchronizer is unable to establish connection to peer.

Last EMT Error [10060]: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

18:20:41 dis-rtc Synchronizer is unable to establish connection to peer.

Last EMT Error [10060]: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

RTDist Process

18:20:56 dis-rtd Synchronizer is unable to establish connection to peer.

18:21:11 dis-rtd Synchronizer is unable to establish connection to peer.

18:21:11 dis-rtd Synchronizer is unable to establish connection to peer.

Last EMT Error [-519897070]: The listen operation has been aborted.

18:21:11 dis-rtd Trace: RealTimeServer client connection is initialized.

Configlogger process

18:20:44 Trace: Logger waiting for AW Init to initialize the AW database

18:21:44 Trace: Logger waiting for AW Init to initialize the AW database

18:22:44 Trace: Logger waiting for AW Init to initialize the AW database

18:23:44 Trace: Logger waiting for AW Init to initialize the AW database

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

As soon as I posted this I found the problem, just not the reason for the problem. It would appear that during the upgrade from 7.0_SR4 to 7.1.2 on the second AW the port registry entries were change for the RealTimeDistributor, RealTimeClient, and a couple of other process which prevented the services from establishing connections. I am not sure why this happened only on the second AW.

Chad Stachowicz Mon, 06/23/2008 - 22:37

which fields changed exactly, or at least where can I hunt down the port mismatches, believe I am running into the same thing!

Thanks much!

Chad

spaulin Tue, 06/24/2008 - 11:39

Ahh. The most likely reason for this, is that you entered an in-correct instance number on the main setup screen. Each incremental instance number will raise the port index by a value of forty.

spaulin Tue, 06/24/2008 - 11:38

Are you sure you entered the proper hostnames into setup, and that those hostnames are resolvable to the correct IP addresses? the messages you posted must appear much further down in the logfile. Can you post the "top" of the log, where the processes are initializing?

Chad Stachowicz Tue, 06/24/2008 - 14:54

Yeah the hostnames are fine. I am being told its because all of SideB is offline and it needs to be changed to simplex mode. But that doesn't make any sense to me, whats the point of a side A / Side B then?

Chad

david.macias Wed, 06/25/2008 - 02:48

Chad,

You're right that doesn't make any sense, regardless of what side is up/down you don't have to change the configuration.

david

Chad Stachowicz Wed, 06/25/2008 - 10:43

if you are in duplex mode does it require both side to be up and synched before database changes can occur? This would make sense why only AW and nothing else is borked!!

Chad

Actions

This Discussion