erikjustinlee Fri, 11/30/2007 - 21:18
User Badges:

I have a good deal of cisco experience, and I have my ccna and a bunch of other certs. When I took it, I struggled at first. I failed it more than once and finaly passed it. You have to get in your mind that they are more concerned with business practices than they are with the actual technical side of things.

My 2 cents.

Erik

ccbootcamp Fri, 11/30/2007 - 23:20
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

I actually thought that test was "harder" than the ccie written exams I've taken. Mainly because it's more of a "cisco's approach to design" than a technical type of exam. The study materials you want:

http://www.ciscopress.com/bookstore/product.asp?isbn=1587055228

and

http://www.ciscopress.com/bookstore/product.asp?isbn=1587201771

and

http://www.ciscopress.com/bookstore/product.asp?isbn=158705311X

If you know those three items cold, you'll be all set.

-brad

www.ccbootcamp.com

(please rate the post)

rejean_94 Mon, 12/03/2007 - 16:13
User Badges:

Brad,

does the exam simulator that comes with the CCDA Official Exam Certification Guide gives a good idea of the actual exam ?

Thanks,

Regards,

Réjean

guillaume.lab Thu, 12/13/2007 - 05:39
User Badges:

Hello,

I failed this morning and I can tell you that this simulator only requires the minimum knowledge level to obtain a high score.

The real exam is harder than that... we some terms or technology not discussed in this book.

CCDA seems harder than CCNA. I don't even know if I'll retake this exam... I'm really disappointed.

ccbootcamp Thu, 12/13/2007 - 07:41
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

DO NOT get frustrated. It actually took me THREE attempts to pass my original CCDA, and it only took me two attempts to pass my CCIE R&S lab exam and one attempt to pass my CCIE security lab exam!

It is NOT an easy test. It is not very technology based, it's very "what's cisco's way of designing a network" type test. So don't get frustrated and don't give up. You can do it, just learn the materials. Worst case, come visit me for a boot camp. :)

-brad

www.ccbootcamp.com

(please rate the post if this helps!)

erikjustinlee Thu, 12/13/2007 - 12:38
User Badges:

AHH I love this thread. HA. It took me 3 as well. That test is a lot of how Cisco wants it done, and a lot of sales stuff. Thats my two cents. Definately dont get frustrated. You'll get it.

rejean_94 Fri, 12/28/2007 - 10:07
User Badges:

Guillaume,

I have some difficulties knowing what are the requirement to pass the exam. From information I got here and there it seems to me that :

- the exam has 65 questions and lasts 90 minutes,

- the passing score seems to be 850 out of 1000,

- 300 points are given when you begin the exam.

Could you confirm if these infos are correct or not.

Tks.

rejean

robertham Thu, 12/13/2007 - 12:28
User Badges:

CCBOOTCAMP,

Whats the main differences between the following.

- Designing for Cisco Internetwork Solutions (DESGN) (Authorized CCDA Self-Study Guide)

- CCDA Official Exam Certification Guide (Exam 640-863), 3rd Edition

guillaume.lab Tue, 12/18/2007 - 02:56
User Badges:

Hello all, thanks for your replies.

I think I'll re-take it beginning of next year..

But my other goal is to take bcmsn/bsci exams. So I have to choose which one to focus on first.

Thanks.

Actions

This Discussion