cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Credit Card + VG224 + CME

araful
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone been able to get VeriFone (credit card machine)on VG224+CME?, do I need any special configuration?

6 Replies 6

thomuff
Level 3
Level 3

Did you ever get an answer. I am running a Verifone Tranz 330 terminals on ATA. I am having intermittent problems. We have moved some of our terminals to dedicated POTS lines.

Hi,

first to note, fax/modem/whatever but human voice, connected to anything but FXS ports on the same router with POTS connections, is likely to give trouble.

Of course it is possible that your CC machine is so remote that the arrangement above is not possible.

This said, you should at the minimum specify which image type and version you have on the ATA, and if you have configured according to the guidelines for fax. The recommended image to do that, is H.323.

ATA030203SCCP051201A is the version.

That is SCCP, as you are doing modem, H.323 is the recommended image.

You can try that, however cisco states the ATA does not supports modem at all:

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/gatecont/ps514/products_configuration_example09186a00800d698e.shtml

Hi,

valuable info..

My case is

i want to connect POS machine to one of the VG port is is possible m running MGCP for vg.

I agree that it should not be used for modems. We are running these machines at about 20 locations. It works intermittently. Luckily, the machines are only used four or five times a month.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: