Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 878 SHDSL Router & Leased 'Copper' Line

stuart.baker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Hoping you can help me out here. I have two brand new 878 SHDSL routers that I'm effectively configuring back-to-back via a leased copper line (4-wire variety). I've followed the sample config given on Cisco and all is well with the link establishing etc. however it won't pass any data. I'm sure it's something simple that i've missed so could you guys point me in the right direction as to what I'm doing wrong ?

I've attached the config from the CO end router for your perusal ...

Thanks in advance,

Stu

7 Replies 7

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

Check if you are able to ping the devices. I would rather suggest the ip address under the sub-interface of fast-ethernet 0 say for ex fastethernet 0.1. Refer the link for basic troubleshooting http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/800/850/hardware/installation/guide/857inst_ps380_TSD_Products_Installation_Guide_Chapter.

paul.phillips
Level 1
Level 1

Try adding IP addresses to the point to point logical interfaces.

At CO end :

interface ATM0.1 point-to-point

ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.252

At CPE end :

interface ATM0.1 point-to-point

ip address 192.168.1.2 255.255.255.252

You will also need to add the respective routes for the "VLAN" subnets at each end, if your not using a routing protocol.

I now have this fixed - thanks for response.

Stu

How did you fix it... using the recommended config additions ??

By removinga surplus PVC setup that was specified in the example configs. I can supply my working config if you need it.

Stu

That would be excellent..

I have a couple of 878's in back to back with a dsl link..

These are in bridge mode and although a client connected to the CPE routers switchport works perfectly, I have no management capability for the routers themselves

The cisco tech recommended bridge mode as the simplest solution but in order for this to work I had to disable ip routing.

My goal was to have clients at the CPE side use the same local LAN subnet.

Working Cisco878 G.SHDSL Configurations (EPS-8 4 wire) attached as requested.

Hope this helps you out.

Regards,

Stuart

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: