cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

help needed upgrade catalyst 6506

pbogaerts
Level 1
Level 1

Can i upgrade a chasis 6506 with a sup720-3B + WS-X6724-sfp + WS-X6148A-GB. What is the difference between the chasis 6506 and the 6506-E

Thanks,

Peter

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

buchholr
Level 1
Level 1

Yes,

You need to upgrade to a "high-speed" fan tray (WS-C6K-6SLOT-FAN2) and your power supplies need to be 2500W or higher.

However, the 6148A card will see no performance increase. These cards are built with an 8 to 1 over-subscription, and are intended for wiring closet applications.

There are some enhancements to the backplane in the E chassis, and they can support more than 4000 W of power.

Rob

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

buchholr
Level 1
Level 1

Yes,

You need to upgrade to a "high-speed" fan tray (WS-C6K-6SLOT-FAN2) and your power supplies need to be 2500W or higher.

However, the 6148A card will see no performance increase. These cards are built with an 8 to 1 over-subscription, and are intended for wiring closet applications.

There are some enhancements to the backplane in the E chassis, and they can support more than 4000 W of power.

Rob

Thanks Rob, but i thought that it was possible to make a etherchannel to other catalysts like the 4500 ? I would like to make an etherchannel between a copper sfp and this car

Peter

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: