cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wrong internal caller-id on h.323

jburk
Level 1
Level 1

I have two locations, Corporate and Branch, at corporate I am running CCM 4.2 and I have extensions from 100-699 and at branch I am running Call Manager Express and using 200-299.

I have an h.323 gateway setup on the CM to the CME router with a route pattern of 7.2XX with PreDot stripped.

On the CME I have a dial peer with a destination pattern of 7... with a outgoing translation rule to remove the 7

Extension to extension calling and caller-id are working ok, except when a user from Branch calls someone at Corporate with a 2XX extension, in this case the callers phone connects to the corporate extension but shows the branch users extension.

Example: John at Corporate is 201, Mary at Branch is 201. Jim at branch calls 7201 to reach John and the call connects but Jim's phone shows that he is connected to Mary (201).

is there a supplementary service or command I forgot?

4 Replies 4

Maulik Shah
Level 5
Level 5

The connected name or number is updated by default over H.323 trunks using Notify messages - try this CLI on the CME side to see if this helps

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios123/123tcr/123tvr/vrht_s12.htm#wp1148789

Else you may have to use non overlapping extensions (2xx for corporate, 3xx for branch)

OK, I entered the command and will check it Monday when everyone returns. At Corp. I aam using 100-699 for user ext. 800 for VM so I suppose 7xx would work for non overlapping - everyone would just be unhappy with the change.

Thanks for the help.

OK, adding the supplementary service did not solve the problem. Would there be any configuration on the CCM h323 GW or route pattern that needs to be done?

would it be possible to remove the translation pattern on the branch CME router and allow it to send 7xxx to the CCM, and configure the h323 GW on the CCM for 3 significant digits?

In this case would the CCM only process the rightmost 3 digits coming from the GW?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: