Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing PIX license

jpl861
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Our secondary firewall crashed couple of days ago and we already got the replacement firewall. We are using PIX515E. I already got the license key from Cisco. What should I do first? Should I upgrade the PIX version first (because I needed to match the primary), install the additional NIC card, then install the license? Or the order doesn't really matter? Thanks.

John

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Hi John, I would suggest to for 1st step install the NICS and lincese in any order it does not matter. 2nd upgrade code to match primary PIX code , and your final step connect failover cable for failover configuration sync at least at this stage you will have all physical and code matches before failover cable connections.

HTH

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Hi John, I would suggest to for 1st step install the NICS and lincese in any order it does not matter. 2nd upgrade code to match primary PIX code , and your final step connect failover cable for failover configuration sync at least at this stage you will have all physical and code matches before failover cable connections.

HTH

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card