cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing Unity password when calling from outside

thomuff
Level 3
Level 3

Changing Unity password from outside phone asks you to record greeting after changing password instead of taking you to your voicemail.

Scenario

User phone # is 555-5785

Main number to acces Voicemail #555-5700

When user calls number 555-5785, rings three times, goes to voicemail, hits star button, enters id, presses #, enter password, hits #, message password expires, changes password, enters password second time, after that, it say record greeting instead of user name, you have 4 new messages. If you call from the internal phone or from 555-5700 which translate to voicemail #, it works as expected where it takes you to your voicemail and not asks you to record a greeting. Any ideas. Is there any workarounds? Let me know

9 Replies 9

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

yes, I assume you are on Unity 4.2.1 or above

rlp

If so you are hitting this bug.

CSCsl24837 - SubSign In from personal greeting logic is incorrect.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsl24837

To: 'Pierce, Randy'

Subject: Subsign in from personal greeting

My testing was done with Cisco Unity 4.1(1) which seems to be the same behavior you claim to have had in 4.0(5). Here is what I found:

If you press star to login to your mailbox at a subscribers greeting, and if the extension ID you enter is the "same" as the extension ID for the mailbox greeting you are currently in, then you are logged in to the mailbox and "not" asked to press 1 to leave a message or press to 2 to login to your mailbox.

If you press star to login to your mailbox at a subscribers greeting, and if the extension ID you enter is "different" from the extension ID for the mailbox greeting you are currently in, then you are asked to press 1 to leave a message or press to 2 to login to your mailbox.

This seems like desired behavior.

Next I tested with Cisco Unity 5.0(1) which seems to behave differently as you claim to be experiencing in Cisco Unity 4.2(1). Here is what I found:

If you press star to login to your mailbox at a subscribers greeting, and regardless if the extension ID you enter is the "same or different" than the extension ID for the mailbox greeting you are currently in, you are asked to press 1 to leave a message or press to 2 to login to your mailbox.

This behavior seems wrong based off of the behavior in earlier versions.

No fixes as of yet :-( Randy

I am running Cisco Unity 4.05

What is the workaround or fix?

The defect mentions the behavior seemed to be okay in versions 4.1(1) and earlier. However, I have not tested in 4.0(5) to confirm, so you could be seeing this defect. The only workaround mentioned in the defect is to use Easy Sign In.

"Consider using "Easy Sign In" although this has the benefit of only asking you for your password and doesn't ask you to press 1 to leave a message or press 2 to log in to your mailbox, however in cases where you are signing in to a diffrent mailbox other than the mailbox of the personal greeting for which you were just hearing, you may really desire the system to ask you to press 1 to leave a message."

if you are logging in "press 2" is two leave a message. Press 1 is to listen to new messages. that is the bug.

rlp

my last post is how it should be

The workaround is going to work for me. Now, I have to get security to approve it. Do you have all users configured with easy sign-in when pressing the * button? or just the users that check their voicemail externally?

the thing is that I have made a workaround that works were I do not have to us easy sign-in and the * button at all

I created a call handler named "remote login"

assigned it an alternate extension so that Unity will recognize it when called as an DID

Greeting is blank

aftergreeting action is sign-in

so when you call the DID you do not have to press star and you get ask to log in

ID and password

if you have any questions please ask

rlp

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: