Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA: CRYPTO_PKI: Unable to read CA/RA certificates

l.tating
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have setup a Win2003 Server where I install a CA/RA server for SCEP enrollment of my ASA5510. I entered the following config on the ASA:

domain-name mydomain.com

crypto key generate rsa

crypto ca trustpoint MYTRUSTPOINT

crl optional

enrollment url http://x.x.x.x/certsrv/mscep/mscep.dll

subject-name cn=ASA5510

Meanwhile I configured the CA Server for SCEP support by intalling the mscep executable from the Resource Kit.

If I try to get the CA's Certificate using crypto ca authenticate MYTRUSTPOINT, i only get this error messages on my ASA console:

Crypto CA thread wakes up!

CRYPTO_PKI: Sending CA Certificate Request:

GET /certsrv/mscep/mscep.dll/pkiclient.exe?operation=GetCACert&message=ITSS HTTP

/1.0

Host: x.x.x.x

CRYPTO_PKI: http connection opened

CRYPTO_PKI: Unable to read CA/RA certificates.Crypto CA thread sleeps!

ERROR: receiving Certificate Authority certificate: status = FAIL, cert length = 0

I have tried to reinstall the CA and SCEP over and over again but I still get the same error all the time. Is there anything wrong with my config?

Please help me with my problem. I promise to give 5-points to anybody who can help me solve my problem. Thank you in advance.

Lorenz

4 Replies 4

bwilmoth
Level 5
Level 5

You could be hitting with this bug : check the details of this bug :CSCeb54402

Hi,

I cannot find this particular Bug ID in the CCO. Can you send me some info from your own list if there is any?

thanks so much for your response,

Lorenz

Hi,

Yes now I see the Bug details. But the one I am actually using is a ASA5510, I have also already upgraded it to 7.2.2 (from previous 7.0.7). I have tried this same setup before using Windows2000 Server and ASA5520, and it works. But this time I am having quite a trouble making this thing work.

Lorenz

Jason Gervia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you checked the pending requests on the CA server or other logs to see if the CA is even getting the request?

--Jason

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card