Views
Helpful
Replies

add a host to CSA MC to manage

mylove142
Level 1
Level 1

hi all,

I have Group WEB and MAIL. Every group has two server such as WEB has WEB_1 and WEB_2. Now I has a new server (named WEB_3) and I want CSA MC to manage WEB_3. I do following steps:

1. Download the kit of group WEB to WEB_3

2. Install CSA at WEB_3 (and install successful)

However, when I connect to CSA MC, I don't know

1. Add host WEB_3 to CSA MC to manage

2. Add host WEB_3 to group WEB

If you know, please answer me early. I have a licences for CSA.

Regards,

Khang

5 Replies 5

mylove142
Level 1
Level 1

hi all,

I log in to WEB_3 and I see the log (/var/adm/)

Nov 21 10:08:13 Frontmail03 CiscoSecurityAgent[6886]: [ID 702911 local4.info] Failed transaction, url=https://qtsc-mc:5401/csamc52/agent, curlerr=7 (Connect failed).

Nov 21 10:08:13 Frontmail03 CiscoSecurityAgent[6886]: [ID 702911 local4.info] Registering with server CSA MC, Failure (1)

Nov 21 10:08:13 Frontmail03 CiscoSecurityAgent[6886]: [ID 702911 local4.info] Will retry to register in 3600 sec (Poll to expedite it)

I have a license for 10 agents, I have already installed license at CSA MC.

If you know why the host can't register to CSA MC, please answer me early.

Thank you very much,

Best regards,

Khang

first install the agent kit in the client from mc and restart it. After that automatically registered to the server. When it register, then u can only add it to the group.

hi all,

I use FWSM, now, I must open which services or port from CSA MC to CSA agents? So, CSA Agents can connect to CSA MC.

Thank you

Access to the CSA MC from the client on a DMZ requires the following ports to be open on the Firewall:

Source Destination Port Protocol

80 TCP

443 TCP

5401 TCP

5401 UDP

Note: port 443 is for management only and sends you to the login page.

Hope this helps.

ok, I have configure the policy from CSA agent to CSA MC like you and it operates. Thank for your supports.

I have already added host to CSA MC.

Best regards,

Khang