Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote office MPLS & ISP connection through 3560 succesfully

Jkettunen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have an assignment to create working network with two connections, one to remote office via MPLS and one straight from ISP to public internet. I have two 3560s, one ASA 5505, one Cisco 800 and one more router to come for that MPLS connection.

My idea how to create this is to route our intra traffic via MPLS and other via ISP. Is that doable with those 3560s or do I need something else?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

You can route all your intranet traffic to the MPLS routers and have a static defualt route pointing to the ASA which leads to the internet router.

For Intranet routing you can either use static or dynamic routing (dynamic would require IPservices image on the 3560).If the ISP is going to manage the CE router for the MPLS, it is advised that you have a routing protocol exchange with the CE. This will ensure that any new subnet advertisement gets across the MPLS cloud without ISP intervention

HTH

Narayan

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

You can route all your intranet traffic to the MPLS routers and have a static defualt route pointing to the ASA which leads to the internet router.

For Intranet routing you can either use static or dynamic routing (dynamic would require IPservices image on the 3560).If the ISP is going to manage the CE router for the MPLS, it is advised that you have a routing protocol exchange with the CE. This will ensure that any new subnet advertisement gets across the MPLS cloud without ISP intervention

HTH

Narayan

Thank you for your quick help. That gives me a confirmation that I know what I'm doing :)

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card