cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSM - Server Initiated Connection Question.

astanislaus
Level 2
Level 2

Doing a config for client to server looks straight forward, but not clear on the other direction, as in, if a conectiion gets initiated from server to outside - server to client

Do I need to NAT? or Will it just use the virtual address I define in the other direction as its source?

Is there any configuration example?

7 Replies 7

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

if you need to nat a connection opened by the server, look for the 'static nat virtual' command.

Gilles.

Gilles,

Thanks.

Is there an example config somewhere or do I just look in the software configuration guide.

Regards

Alphonse

Having trouble getting Server Initiated Connection to work.

your config looks good.

Get a sniffer trace of the csm portchannel so we can see what the csm does with your real server initiated conection.

Gilles.

Gilles,

Sniffer trace shows the real serve's IP address sending the ping, but no ping from the nat'ed IP address. My customer did the trace. He did not send me the trace, but he is saying that he can see two packets from the real server's IP address for every ping. Why two?

Could I be hitting caveat CSCeh81925 But I have only one gateway on client side.

My customer is running an old code - 2.1(3).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: