cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Part number for PCMCIA flash card to fit C6K supervisor II?

aacole
Level 5
Level 5

I'm trying to find out what the part number is for the flash card that fits in the front panel slot on a C6K supervisor 2 card. I cannot located this information on Cisco.com, so can I do this, and if so can anyone tell me the part number?

Andy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

graemeporter
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I've found a document that lists the following part numbers :

MEM-C6K-FLC16M(=)

MEM-C6K-FLC24M(=)

MEM-C6K-FLC64M(=)

MEM-C6K-ATA-1-64M(=)

The document notes that the ATA flash module is compatible with "Catalyst 6500 series switches running Catalyst software release 7.5(1) or later releases on the supervisor engine and Cisco IOS on the MSFC."

It also mentions that "The 64-MB ATA Flash PC card (MEM-C6K-ATA-1-64M) requires Supervisor Engine 2 with ROMMON software release 7.1(1) or later releases".

So it looks like the ATA 64-MB card is the one you need, assuming you have the correct ROMMON version installed.

Here's the URL:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/hardware/Config_Notes/6507_01.html

Hope this helps!

Kind regards

Graeme

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

graemeporter
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I've found a document that lists the following part numbers :

MEM-C6K-FLC16M(=)

MEM-C6K-FLC24M(=)

MEM-C6K-FLC64M(=)

MEM-C6K-ATA-1-64M(=)

The document notes that the ATA flash module is compatible with "Catalyst 6500 series switches running Catalyst software release 7.5(1) or later releases on the supervisor engine and Cisco IOS on the MSFC."

It also mentions that "The 64-MB ATA Flash PC card (MEM-C6K-ATA-1-64M) requires Supervisor Engine 2 with ROMMON software release 7.1(1) or later releases".

So it looks like the ATA 64-MB card is the one you need, assuming you have the correct ROMMON version installed.

Here's the URL:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/hardware/Config_Notes/6507_01.html

Hope this helps!

Kind regards

Graeme

Thanks Graeme, that was exactly what I was looking for.

Andy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card