Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME and FXO configuration

Hi how can i tie a voice port to an ephone-dn with a trunk-group PSTN configured i mean i only have one Dial peer voice ?

11 Replies 11

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Essentially you should have a POTS DialPeer configured, on the DP you can also apply a translation profile in order to transform the incoming digits if at all necessary.

If you have a vic2-4fxo module, you can configure them as trunk-group, and apply these to your outgoing DP.

Depending on the incoming number on the FXO voice-port you could specify an OPX number and configure a DP with session target to the CCM.

voice-port 0/0/0

trunk-group VIC2-4FXO

connection plar opx 1XXX (DN)

!

voice-port 0/0/1

trunk-group VIC2-4FXO

!

voice-port 0/0/2

trunk-group VIC2-4FXO

!

voice-port 0/0/3

trunk-group VIC2-4FXO

!

dial-peer voice 100 pots

description *** PSTN Dial Peer ***

trunkgroup VIC2-4FXO

destination-pattern 9T

incoming called-number .

!

dial-peer voice 101 voip

description CallManager Desination Pattern

destination-pattern 1...

session target ipv4:192.168.1.1

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

no vad

!

Or in your example configure the ephone-dn with the called number, if telco is send four digits say 1234 then this would be your number for your ephone-dn

ephone-dn 1 dual-line

number 1XXX

Regards

Allan.

Hey thanks for your post but let me rephrase my purpose with an example:

I have configured 3 voice ports to PSTN connection with trunk-group cmd and as a common destination pattern 9T and i want for the ephone-dn 1 when he dial a PSTN number (he compose 9+ external phone number) he will use the first port of the FXO card, and for another one he will use the second port of the FXO card.

One solution which comes to mind is using different trunk access codes for a given User or DN.

Here the translation profile is applied to the ephone-template this ensure that when that particular user say User1 dials 9+ then this will transformed to 91 and then user the appropriate trunk.

voice-port 0/0/0

trunk-group User1

voice-port 0/0/1

trunk-group User2

voice-port 0/0/2

trunk-group User3

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^9/ /91/

!

voice translation-rule 2

rule 1 /^9/ /92/

!

voice translation-rule 3

rule 1 /^9/ /93/

voice translation-profile User1

translate called 1

voice translation-profile User2

translate called 2

voice translation-profile User3

translate called 3

ephone-dn-template 1

translation-profile outgoing User1

ephone-dn-template 2

translation-profile outgoing User2

ephone-dn-template 3

translation-profile outgoing User3

ephone-dn 1

number 1...

ephone-dn-template 1

ephone-dn 2

number 1...

ephone-dn-template 2

ephone-dn 3

number 1...

ephone-dn-template 3

dial-peer voice 1001 pots

destination-pattern 91.T

trunkgroup User1

dial-peer voice 1002 pots

destination-pattern 92.T

trunkgroup User2

dial-peer voice 1003 pots

destination-pattern 93.T

trunkgroup User3

HTH

Regards

Allan.

HI Mr Allan, i have tried the same configuration that you proposed but it doesn't work, it seems like my translation profile doesn't work with my ephone but when i test my translation rules under my router with the cmd:

test voice tranlation-rule 1 600

it's ok he convert it to 9100 but when i type under my phone =6+telephone number i hear a kind of disconnect tone or a busy tone.thanks for helping me out

You will find in attach a copy of my confi

I suspect your POTS dial-peers are overlapping as you have a destination-pattern of 9T.

If I understand correctly the user associated with ephone-dn 1 dials 6........, this should then be translated to 91........ and then subsequently routed out the respective trunk port for 91.

Can you debug voice ccapi inout and post the output when an outgoing call is made by this user.

You can also test by running 'show dialplan number 9100.......'

Regards

Allan.

thanks for all i really appreciate your help, here is a copy of the result of debug command.

Kindly

thanks for all i really appreciate your help, here is a copy of the result of debug command.

Kindly

Hello, as mentioned in my post above, the standard solution for this does not require any translation, just the trunk command.

Hi,

this is done with trunk command under ephone-dn. I prepends the digits you set, then configure a pots DP to send the call on the port you want:

ephone-dn 10

trunk AA

dial-peer voice 10 pots

destination-pattern ^AA....T

port x/y

This example use special DTMF digits so the port cannot be seized from by other ephones.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Thanks but sorry i can't understood this method like what did you mean by AA and how can i configure a destination-pattern like 9T to acces to the FXO port ...

thanks for providing me more details

What is being proposed is a simpler approach where you can specify the trunk directly on the ephone-dn which is specifically tied to a pots dial-peer.

ephone-dn 10

trunk 91

!

ephone-dn 11

trunk 92

!

dial-peer voice 10 pots

destination-pattern ^91....T

port x/y

!

dial-peer voice 11 pots

destination-pattern ^92....T

port x/y

!

Regards

Allan.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: