Internet Script Editor on Shared platform

Unanswered Question
Nov 22nd, 2007

Is it possible to offer Internet Script editor to several customers who each share the same AWS and that each customer only sees their scripts and not the other customers scripts?

What I would like to do is not install a AWS on the clients site but offer a remote access. And rather than having an AWS per client using our ICM release 7 solution I am hoping to share the AWS between several end-users from different companies.

Hopefully a simple question with a simple answer but one for which searching hasn't helped me in answering :)

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 3 (2 ratings)
paulegan1 Fri, 11/16/2007 - 10:05

Thanks for your (very) fast replies !

This is what I believed but I was hoping that I could use the idea of a 'Customer' as I found this in the docs...

Script Explorer

If you are associated with a single ICM customer, Script Explorer only displays scripts for that customer. The same applies for business entities.

Select Customer

The Select Customer is hidden from you if you are associated with a single ICM customer. The Select Customer option is only available if you are associated with multiple customers (administrators, etc.).

So can I just associate my login with a single ICM customer ?

lpezj Thu, 11/22/2007 - 08:20

You can use the Customer feature (partitioning) if you are in a pure ICM enviroment (Avaya, Nortel, ...), but if you are in a IPCC enviroment (CallManager) the partitioning feature is not available.

There is a product called Management Portal that allows a simple, by now, partitioning of IPCC Enterprise though, today, it doesn't support script partitioning.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

lpezj Thu, 11/22/2007 - 08:04

Unfortunately, by now, it is no possible to partition the scripts between users. Each Script Editor user can see all the scripts. You can set up each user to monitor only the scripts or edit some nodes in each script, but not allow a user to see only a set of scripts.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

antonio.vazquez Thu, 11/22/2007 - 08:05

If you are using several instances associated to your customers, you can select the instance to connect it. But if you manage all your customers with one instance they can see all scripts created int the system.

This Discussion