cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco 3745 and NM-HDV2-2T1/E1

cedricm73
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i have a cisco 3745 ISO 12.4(17a) with 2 VWIC-1MFT-G703 in slot 0 and NM-HDV2-2T1/E1 in slot 1. i can see the 2 G703 E1 controller but i can not setup the 2 E1 on the NM-HDV2-2T1/E1. on the sh diag i can see Slot 1:

High Density Voice NM-HDV2-2T1/E1 Port adapter

Port adapter is disabled

question is how to enable the port adapter ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mmunoz-20
Level 1
Level 1

You dont have any PVDM inserted in your NM? I dont see any PVDM in the show diag file.

AIM-ATM-VOICE-30, is required for Voice when you have VWIC's inserted into HWIC's slots but I'm not sure If it's work with NM for Voice.

Maybe you require PVDM's in your NM

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

have you tried "card type e1 x/y" ?

no at it was not possible to detect the card : adapter port disable. the problem has been solved by removing the card from the router, playing with jumper as describe on http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a008039c333.shtml, search for wet current in the page;

even if jumper has been put back to initial position, it seems to solve the issue. and i have manage to configure the E1

fyi, we have try before to move from slot 1 to slot 3 without success, so removing the card and reinsert was not the solution.

we still trying to understand why it start to work now !!!

mmunoz-20
Level 1
Level 1

You dont have any PVDM inserted in your NM? I dont see any PVDM in the show diag file.

AIM-ATM-VOICE-30, is required for Voice when you have VWIC's inserted into HWIC's slots but I'm not sure If it's work with NM for Voice.

Maybe you require PVDM's in your NM

Hi thanks for your answer, i keep the ATM as i will installed a 3rd E1 G703 in the Wic.

i think your highligt the issue, probably the guy who insert the PVDM did not insert in the right position or wrongly insert or even did not insert....(i work remotely so trust the guy who told me he have install); anyway the PVDM module is now shown in the sh diag. and the router is now working get incomming/outgoing call. thanks again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: