Views
Helpful
Replies

problem in some outging calls

dbenattou
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

i have Cisco call manager connected to PBX via 2811 through VIC2-2BRI, the problem is sometimes the outgoing call does not pass and when i make trace, it displays what you will find in attachement.you will also find in attachement the confgiuration of the 2811 Gateway.

Please help me.

I wait for your feedback

3 Replies 3

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

ISDN cause code in the Q931 trace suggests that the requested channel is unavailable, were there other active calls on BRI at the time when the call failed?

When the problem occurs run 'show voice call summ' this would give you an indication whether the channels are already busy.

Regards

Allan.

hello,

thank you for your reply, i think that is not problem in availability of channels, because all of these channels are free when i tried to make a call.

Another symptom : also the internal calls between Analogic PBX and IPBX (Cisco Call Manager) through Gateway does not success.

From the traces do it does not look possible that the T310 timer is expiring before the ISDN status changes to Alerting, which would consequently cause the gateway to release the call.

Could you post the output from 'show isdn timers', simply to verifiy the the timer is configured correctly. Either way the time between Call Proceeding and Release is very small, so even if the timer was configured incorrectly it still does not explain why the call could not be completed.

One aspect which is evident, is the fact that the trace indicates that no Connect message was sent by telco/pbx when the called party answered.

Is possible for you trace the user side in this case an determine whether the pbx is sending a connect message.

Regards

Allan.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: