Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to import DWG CAD files to WCS

bacland
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am trying to import a DWG CAD file to my WCS 4.2.62.0 for a floor area. Everything I read says I can import DWG CAD files (as well as gif, jpeg, and png) for Floor Areas but I am unable to do so. I get the following error message:

The image file is invalid. GIF, JPEG, and PNG files are acceptable image types for campuses and outdoor areas. DXF and DWG CAD files are acceptable in addition to GIF, JPEG, and PNG for Floor Areas.

Any ideas on why I am unable to import a DWG file as a floor area?

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

Hi,

Please give more detai on "Everything I read says I can import DWG CAD file".

eg. URLs on Cisco web site.

Lats time I looked at this area WCS definitely could not Import DWG's.

As a matter of interest, Trapeze/Nortel wireless NMS (RingMaster - I love that name) can.

Regards, MH

Hi MH, thanks for your response. Here are some links to the literature I was referring to.

This is the WCS Configuration Guide, release 4.2:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6305/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00808e525f.html#wp1125793

This is the WCS Release Notes for WCS version 4.2.62.0. It appears that support for AutoCAD files is a new feature in this release:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/wcs/release/notes/WCSRN4_2.html#wp44484

I hope those links work ok for you. I'll have to take a look at this Trapeze/Nortel 'RingMaster' (it is a great name).

Thanks,

BA

Here's an update for anyone reading this conversation.

If you upload the CAD drawing from a machine that has no programs installed that are capable of opening CAD drawings, it works. I was previously attempting to upload the CAD file from my laptop which has AutoCAD and some DWG Viewers installed, which was not working. Our local Cisco Systems Engineer informed me of this work around, and said that other customers had success when attempting this as well.

So, if you are having the same problem I was try uploading your CAD file from another machine that does not have any CAD software installed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card