cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC 3.1 consult

david-lima
Level 4
Level 4

Hi folks, I have a CCM 3.3(4) and a IPCC 3.1, I need to upgrade the CCM 3.3(4) to CCM 3.3(5) or later version because I have IP PHONES 7911G that isn't is supported by CCM 3.3(4). My question is if IPCC 3.1 is compatible with CCM 3.3(5).

Thanks a lot by your suggestions.

Best Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi David,

Yes, good call here! The 3.1(1) to 3.1(3) would not require new licening but the upgrade to 4.0 (4.0(5)) does. This may impact your decision for sure.

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi David,

Yes, these are compatible versions (we have run 3.3(5) with IPCC 3.1(3)) This link has the "full" story :)

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/sw_ap_to/crscomtx.pdf

Hope this helps!

Rob

PS: Don't forget CCM 3.X Versions are End of Support August 2008.

Hi Rob.

Thanks for your information,

Just one more question.

How about if actually I am running IPCC version 3.1 (1) with a CCM 3.3.4, which runs Okay, and I have to upgrade my CCM to a version 3.3.5 or 4.1.3 (because the 3.3.4 version does not accept last IP Phones models like 7911 or 7906). This step obligates me to upgrade my IPCC to an IPCC version 3.1.(2) at least, for compability with the CCM 3.3.5, or to the IPCC version 4.0 upgrade, if my CCM is upgraded to a 4.1.3 version.

my question is related to the licences I have for the IPCC, I am worried if I upgrade the IPCC to a latest version, the licenses I have will need some upgrade or something else.

Thanks again for your help.

Best regards

David

Hi David,

Yes, good call here! The 3.1(1) to 3.1(3) would not require new licening but the upgrade to 4.0 (4.0(5)) does. This may impact your decision for sure.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks a lot Rob for your helpful suggestions.

Best regards

David