cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4402 with 1510 AP Configuration Questions

eraser134
Level 1
Level 1

I'm currently setting up a wirless lan with a Cisco 4402 Wireless Lan Controller and 3 cisco 1510 Access points. Everything works fine the access points discover each other and I can get from one end to the other. It's very basic no DHCP servers static IP's layer2 mode. A couple of thing are bugging about it. 1. Inside the Access Points configuration information in the web GUI it tells me the AP IP Address is disabled which is not possible because if I enter the Command Line Interface it tells me what the IP address is. It also reports it can't use the static IP address and fails back to DHCP. Everything works so I don't get what's happening here. Question 2 the service port on the fron of the 4402 is setup and telnet and SSH session are enabled on it but I can't access the interface from it. The seesion sends but doesn't receive. I could really use some specific answers to these questions. Thanks for the help.

6 Replies 6

Richard Atkin
Level 4
Level 4

Sounds buggy - are you using the latest version of code?

If you're only using MESH APs on the WLC, I'd suggest that you really should be using 4.1.190.5, which is specifically designed for MESH.

I have one root and the other 2 are mesh. Can't find the download link for that verison of the could could post the link. Thanks

From www.cisco.com

1. Click "Support" (top of screen)

2. Click "Download Software"

3. In the 'Software Search' box, type 4.1.190.5

4. Download software appropriate to your WLC

Done.

eraser134
Level 1
Level 1

Anything else I could try?

If you're not willing to change code, the only other option is that you're config is wrong, so you could factory default it and start from scratch.

Console on to the WLC

Reboot the WLC

login using the username Recover-Config (case sensitive)

That will completely reset the WLC to factory default.

What would the possible cause of these particular issues?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: