Views
Helpful
Replies

Return calls without "EditDial" at directories received/missed calls

chialun
Level 1
Level 1

Dear sir,

Everytime we retrieve missed call or received call from "directories" softkey at ip phone, we will need to "EditDial" to add 9 in front of all number for calling out. Any way to automatically add a prefix 9 to it everytime we return call at missed call / received call, so that everytime we return call do not need EditDial. Hereby are attached 2 of the sample picture for better understanding. Thank you very much.

9 Replies 9

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Within CCM 4.x/5.x you can prefix the leading 0 and the trunk access code if you desire, so that when you receive a call or miss a call you can simply go to your directories and press the dial softkey without having to key in the full number.

This is configured with the CallManager Service service Parameters. Open the advanced settings and scroll to the

Cluster Wide Parameters for Device - Phone section.

At the bottom of this section there are four fields for incoming calling party number prefixes, for National, International, Subscriber and unknown numplan. Simply configure your prefix here and update.

Regards

Allan.

Pls rate this post if you find it helpful.

mohamedtag
Level 1
Level 1

Hello AlLAN ,

If we applied the Configuration you mentioned, Then even the Normall Outgoing Calls can be performed withour Dialing " 9 " Digit .. am i right ??

Regards

M.Tag

No, you will still need to dial the 9. The solution ailan gave, is just for "missed Calls".

Here is a really good doc about the subject:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00805b6f33.shtml

The way i generally do it is using voice translation rules on the router. Not sure what type of gateway you are using, but maybe this would be an option for you.

###################################

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /\(^.*$\)/ /90\1/

!

voice translation-profile inboundCLID

translate calling 1

!

voice-port 1/0:15

translation-profile incoming inboundCLID

cptone GB

!

VOIP_RTR#test voice translation-rule 1 7812346137

Matched with rule 1

Original number: 7812346137 Translated number: 907812346137

Original number type: none Translated number type: none

Original number plan: none Translated number plan: none

###################################

Not sure if this is what you ae looking for.

Regards,

Gary.

Hi gary,

Thank you very much for your fruitful responses. I'm using Cisco 3725 (R7000) processor (revision 0.1) with 181248K/15360K bytes of memory as a voice gateway. It's configured as mgcp gateway. Attached is the live working configuration. So i just add in your below configuration to the gateway .

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /\(^.*$\)/ /90\1/

!

voice translation-profile inboundCLID

translate calling 1

!

voice-port 1/0:15

translation-profile incoming inboundCLID

cptone GB

!

#############################################

Last QUESTIONS Gary: Do i need to configure anythings to the CCM ? The ccm version is 4.1(3)SR5d .

Please advise. If possible, please tell me what your sample configuration trying to do .:D

thanks.

hi zin,

thank you for your responses but the doc is just apply to h323 gateway, the situation we are facing now is mgcp gateway. The voice gateway is cisco 3725 configused as mgcp gateway working with ccm 4.1(3)sr5d. Hereby attached the live working configurations. Thank you for your helps. Please advise.

Hi Chialun, take a look at my previous post, it details how to prefix the missing 9 and/or 0 for both missed and received calls within CCM.

Regards

Allan.

Hi allan,

You have a good guide below from your previous post, So i just need to configure at CCM in order to achieve the subject mentioned.I do not need to configure at MGCP Voice Gateway portion based on your explaination. Just go to Cisco CallManager Service service Parameters. Open the advanced settings and scroll to the Cluster Wide Parameters for Device - Phone section.

At the bottom of this section there are four fields for incoming calling party number prefixes, for National, International, Subscriber and unknown numplan. Simply configure your prefix here and update.

I plan to add 9 for National , International and Subscriber. Please tell me if i configure this way and once i press on "update", what's the impact on the calls?

Thank you very much. :D

##############################################

Within CCM 4.x/5.x you can prefix the leading 0 and the trunk access code if you desire, so that when you receive a call or miss a call you can simply go to your directories and press the dial softkey without having to key in the full number.

This is configured with the CallManager Service service Parameters. Open the advanced settings and scroll to the

Cluster Wide Parameters for Device - Phone section.

Regards

Allan.

##############################################

rajesh.kumar
Level 4
Level 4

write me on rajesh.kumar@emircom.com

I have solution for this.

If it is H323 Gateway it can be done at gateway level

if it is MGCP it can be done at CCM configuration using translation pattern

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: