cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UTLite for windows Clinet on Novell

itssnsu07
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to get CiscoWorks UT to collect Novell NDS names from Windows clients. ButI'm just getting the Windows local username rather instead of user id on NDS?

Thank You for your time and assistance!

Genet,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Make sure you are using the UTLite33.exe that comes with Campus Manager 5.0. Also, make sure the NWUSERNAME environment variable is properly set on the client. This is how UTLite knows the Netware username.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

mchin345
Level 6
Level 6

To get user name from NDS you must install UTLite script on Novell server which updates to CiscoWorks Server

Thanks a lot for your Assistance. As per the installation guide, i have copied the two files "UTLite33.exe and UTLiteNDS.bat" from CiscoWorks to the novell server. then edited the batch file as per our detail. i have added an entry to run the batch file on the login script. still what it extracts is the Windows login account instead of the novel login id?? what am i missing?

Thanks again,

Genet T.

Dear Sir / Madam,

I am still having the problem to fetch and associate user login-id on a Novell Environment. Please Assist.......

Thank You and regards,

Genet T.

What version of Campus Manager are you using? You need to run the UTLite33.exe with the the -nds flag:

start %WINDIR%\UTLite33 -domain NDSDOMAIN -ip IPADDRESS -port 16236 -nds

Where NDSDOMAIN is your Novell NDS domain name and IPADDRESS is the IP address of your LMS server.

Functionally, the NDS username is obtained by reading the NWUSERNAME environment variable on the client computer. If this variable is not available, then no username will be given.

Thank you indeed. i am running CM 4.0.3 and i did try running the same command. displaying with the SET command, i am able to see NWUSERNAME variable as well as USERNAME variable, but while running the utility it picks local windows username.

We have Novell 6.5 with client 4.91 and zenworks 6.5

Thank you again and Kind Regards,

Genet T.

Novell username support was broken before Campus Manager 4.0.7. You will need to upgrade to LMS 2.6, then apply the LMS 2.6 updates (the LMS 2.6 update can be downloaded from http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/lms26 and the individual updates can be found under Common Services > Software Center > Software Update).

Ok, Thank You for you assistance and Time.

I will update and check....

Have a Great Day and a Very Happy New Year!

Genet T.

Hi All,

i have continued from previous communication regarding Utlite in a novell environment.

we have now upgraded to LMS 3.0 nd was trying to install utilite. it still gives the username for windows at the client machines. how do we configure it to dispaly uername client uses at each workstation to login to novell?

Thank You and Kind Regards,

GT.

You need to execute it with the -nds option. For example, from the UTLiteNDS.bat script:

UTLite33 -domain DOMAIN -host IPADDRESS -port 16236 -nds

Where DOMAIN is your NDS domain name, and IPADDRESS is the IP address of your Campus Manager server.

Thanks , yes that is what i have done, in Novell as there is no domain, i entered the tree name. but on the client machine it takes the windows username instead of novell login name.

Thanks again!

Make sure you are using the UTLite33.exe that comes with Campus Manager 5.0. Also, make sure the NWUSERNAME environment variable is properly set on the client. This is how UTLite knows the Netware username.

Thank You very much. it works fine now!

GT

Hello, i have again restarted the conversation as i have faced a problem.

utlite worked initially but then, it loses the information. On aqusition setting ,i have enabled "Enable User Tracking for DHCP Environment" and

"Get user names from hosts in NT and NDS domains".

Have i missed any setting?

Thanks !

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: