Views
Helpful
Replies

Query on Hardware requirement

mvsheik123
Level 7
Level 7

Hi all,

We have a 3560 that need to be uplink to 6513. 3560 has GLC-LH-SM LX/LH tranceiver. What hardware (GBIC) and Module do I need on 6513 to form the uplink from 3560.

6513 got sup: WS-SUP720-3B with GBIC Mod:

WS-X6408A-GBIC.

Thank you in advance.

MS

5 Replies 5

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Mehboob, it all depends on your fiber type runs from core-6513 to 3560-SW, but generally if fiber runs are single or multimode fiber you can use (WS-G5484) for connecting it in WS-X6408A blade. If you have more question let me know.

Refer to this link for more details

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps872/products_data_sheet09186a008014cb5e.html

HTH

Jorge

Pls rate any helpful posts !

Jorge Rodriguez

Hi

Thank you for your quick reply. So incase of I go for Singlr mode fiber then.. WS-G5486 GBIC is preferred and if it is MMF (for shorter distances) then WS-5484 is prerred..correct..?

So either the case SFP on one end and same kind GBIC (SX or LX) on the other should match in hardware terms.

Please clarify.

Thank you

MS

It is highly probable that your LAN uses MMF which is the mostly used standard fiber in local sites/floors close proximity etc. so you want WS-G5486 GBICs 1000Base-T SX MMF SC connector for 6513 end, for switch side ESR-SFP-SX MMF LC connector .. look at your fiber patch pannel as well to get the right fiber patch cords.

Pls rate helpful posts !

HTH

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

Hi Thanks again...

In our case the sites are approx. 2Miles apart. So we might use LH.

Thank you

MS

You are welcome Mehboob, glag I was able to help and thank you for using rating system, any question forum is here.

Rgds

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card