Views
Helpful
Replies

Distribution Listing Access

ddiplomat1
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running Unity 4.0(5).

I'm trying to do what seems to be a simple Distribution List for calling specific subscribers after hours. There is a caveat though in that transfers to a subscriber needs to change from connect directly to the greeting during normal business day to at night through a mailbox or Call Handler option, ring the subscriber's line first then forward to their mailbox if not answered. Is there anyway to accomplish this option?

The purpose here is to catch folks that are still present after closing.

(Night function is simply redirecting callers to a Directory Handler)

Any help would be appreciated.

10 Replies 10

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

yes there is, where ever you are selecting to send to a subscriber, then another screen comes up where you choose the subscriber. at the bottom of the page you choose "Send to greeting for" or "Attempt transfer to", attempt transfer to will ring the phone first, then go to the greetings page and do what is on that page.

rlp hope this is what you are asking for

The transfer treatment at the mailbox level is my problem I think. There are three possibilities for how a mailbox should treat a call when it's received. Default is "sent caller to greeting", 2,"ring subscribers at extension", 3,"ring subscriber at this number". Only one option is permitted, therefore once the distribution list is accessed, (original post) you select your party by name, then ask to be connected the selected option above prevails. I would like to be able to change this behavoir so that during the day, calls can be transferred to greeting (Default parameter). After hours, to ring to a number released to PBX. The party's extension number.

That's the quagmire for me. Hope this description clears things up some.

the problem is on call handlers you can choose a schedule for call transfer and subscribers you can not in the SA. ... standard, closed, and alternate. I am looking into it for you. It is a workaround because it is there just not available in the SA. are there many subscribers that you are doing this for?

rlp

I have 15 mailboxes in the Distribution List. This scenario works well if any of the previously mentioned mailbox options are selected. It's fulltime though unless there is another way.

Scenario: I have callers go to a menu after hours with an option to reach someone by name spelling. Once arriving at the name in question and you option out to reach them, then one of the three mailbox options is being used to threat the caller. (Go to user's greeting currently). This area is where I would like to optionally switch how callers are treated. My users would prefer that their phone rings first after hours not go to the default. (User's greeting). I'm stuck with either or ..... Unless there is another way around this of course.

I did some playing around in the SA and SQL.

You probably already know but for a review, here it goes. Everything that shows up in the SA comes from the Unitydb and is in a table. However not all table settings are in the SA.

Another thing is that a subscriber is just a callhandle with a mailbox attached.

Callhandler's have no mailbox. Thus a mail recipient needs to be assigned.

Anyway if there is a setting in the SA for a call handler and it is now there for subscribers, then you probably can find it is sql. but you need to be savy or things will get messed up and TAC will not support you.

Having said all of that. The settings for call transfers are in the contactrule table in the unitydb.

rlp

I would prefer to keep TAC support every step of the way. This type of scenario had to have come up before. I must say that I'm surprised that it requires such effort to accomplish. I posted this thread because I did not believe that something like this was not an SA treatment. Any other thoughts out there ??

Information thus far is much appreciated but I would prefer to minimize the complexity as thousands of users could be affected by a rogue enter key ......

Jeff. Chris, Mike, Donna?

I think you will get a similar answer that it is not configurable through the SA.

Those guys and gals know more than I do and are Cisco.

rlp

No takers ?? Well .... Thank you (rlp)/ ranpierce for your willingness to assist. I hope I didn't offend you by asking for other suggestions. That certainly was not my intent if I did. I asked about this application as it didn't make much sense to me that such a seemingly basic feature was not immediately available.

Oh well ..... stay tuned I suppose.

Thanks again.

no offence taken really, glad to help any time.

rlp

Awrighty then .... Take it easy until next time.

TG

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: