cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5505 drops Internet connection very month.

viper1284
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys I have an issue. I have and ASA5505 that drops the connection to the Internet once a month. I have no issues with the internal network, but I just can't get out to the Internet. I checked the logs on the ASA and when I try to get out to the Internet I get this on the logs, "Failed to locate egress Intereface for UDP from inside (hostname)" Once I reboot the ASA everything is back to normal and I can get out again. I have looked around with the error message, but can't find anything that can help me. Anyone ever seen this or have a solution for this?

Any feedback would be great!

ASA Ver 7.2(3)

ASDM Ver 5.2(3)

Thanks!

8 Replies 8

davidbornack
Level 1
Level 1

Any chance that the external interface is set for DHCP and it's just not renewing properly?

I don't think that is the problem, but I can look into that. The ASA is connected to a cable modem for Internet connectivity. Could it be that something in my VPN configuration is causing this issue? The ASA doesn't have a complex configuration. It's for my home office and I have a few ACLs and static routes allowing traffic out and 2 port forwarding statements. I don't know what else could be the problem. I have downgraded the IOS and upgraded and still same issue. Any other places where I can try looking for the problem\solution?

I'm assuming you've gotten a static IP from your Cable Internet Provider?

Can you post a show run?

Ok guys...

Here's the "show run". My primary network is 192.168.200.x The other networks are just for my lab. I have VPN configured and I can get in from anywhere and hit everything on my internal LAN, but again. Once every 30 days or so I loose Internet connectivity. I don't think hardware would have anything to do with it no? I also have a dynamic address from my ISP which has not changed in alomost a year. Please let me know what I'm missing. :o(

owensgl
Level 1
Level 1

My friend had the same problem then he upgraded his code and the problem was solved

I have also upgraded the code, but same issue. This is what I have on the ASA.

ASA Ver 7.2(3)

ASDM Ver 5.2(3)

Please post a show run so I can check out your config.

It's already posted a few messages up.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card