cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7931 with Attendant Console

UCcomp2007
Level 2
Level 2

Is the 7931 supported with attendant console?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Daniel,

It's getting pretty frosty up here, it looks like a long cold winter ahead. This was the latest doc that I could find thinking the same way you are here :) The 7931 has been out just a short time now (maybe 6 months) first with only the CME and now with the newest CCM 6.x train as well. The 7931 is a re-branded Linksys phone and does have some limitations. It is really meant for the Retail industry with the "Key System" design. The max calls is one per line and I beleive limited display funtionality.

My guess is that it won't be supported for use with AC setups, you are probably far better of with a 7961 and 7914.

Hope this helps my friend!

Rob

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Daniel,

Hope things are going well for you! Here is the list of supported IP Phone models for use with AC. Sadly, the 7931 is not one of them;

Cisco Unified IP Phone and Voice-Messaging Requirements for Use with the Attendant Console

Cisco Unified IP Phones that are used with the attendant console must meet the following guidelines:

Use the attendant console with any SCCP Cisco Unified IP Phone Models 7905G, 7911G, 7912G, 7912G-A, 7940G, 7941G, 7941G-GE, 7960G, 7961G, 7961G-GE, 7970G and 7970G-GE. You cannot use SIP phones as attendant phones, but attendants can receive and handle calls from SIP phones.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a0080739bed.html#wp1295907

Hope this helps!

Rob

HI Rob. Good to here from you. Hope all is well up North.

Do you think maybe the documentation came out before the 7931 came out? How long has the 7931 been out for?

Best Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

It's getting pretty frosty up here, it looks like a long cold winter ahead. This was the latest doc that I could find thinking the same way you are here :) The 7931 has been out just a short time now (maybe 6 months) first with only the CME and now with the newest CCM 6.x train as well. The 7931 is a re-branded Linksys phone and does have some limitations. It is really meant for the Retail industry with the "Key System" design. The max calls is one per line and I beleive limited display funtionality.

My guess is that it won't be supported for use with AC setups, you are probably far better of with a 7961 and 7914.

Hope this helps my friend!

Rob

Keep warm up there my friend.

I didn't know the 7931 came from the Linksys side of the house. Hearing that, I'm sure your assumptions are accurate. We'll go with the trusted 7961/7914 to meet receptionist needs.

Thanks again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: