cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem Authentication with AP 1130AG

newcom_mis
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem with my access point model is 1130AG, it works fine , im using WEP encrypt, but just only 2 clients can connect to it, if i want to connect a 3rd client either laptop or pc the client sends a message Connectivity Null, but if disconnect or disabled any of the connected clients, the 3rd that i was trying connect, its connect inmediately. i dont know why just 2 clients can connect only to the access point, any help, i already attached the configuration, with no pass and WEP passwords. Pls Need Help with this

1 Reply 1

Richard Atkin
Level 4
Level 4

There's nothing in your config to suggest any limit on the number of client associations, however there are a number of bad practises on there that you may want to clean up in general.

Username = Cisco

Client VLAN = AP Mgmt VLAN

Using Static WEP = Very Bad

Still got all of the low-speed data-rates enabled

AP is on a massive broadcast domain, so performance is likely to be / get very bad

int dot11 0 channel not set

int dot11 0 power not set

int dot11 1 config is all over the place

The error message you posted suggests the client is opting to leave the AP, as opposed to the AP kicking it. What is the physical proximity of the AP & Laptops? Also, please please please make sure you've got the very latest drivers on your clients.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: