cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

draft-rosen-vpn-mcast-02.txt section 2.10. Inter-Provider Considerations

libanm
Level 1
Level 1

Team, Maybe it's just late and i m not thinking clearly, but can someone explain what they mean when they say "The use of MDs for interprovider VPN multicast is compatible with methods 1 and 3, but not with method 2". so why not OPT#2. this is by the way Inter-AS mvpn.

Thanks,

2 Replies 2

swaroop.potdar
Level 7
Level 7

Inter-AS MVPN is now supported with option 10B as well with the BGP MDT SAFI, which carries the MD endpoint PE IP address encoded, which enables the MT to be built, and hence incorportes a method to carry out successful RPF check in IGP as well.

Without this the endpoint is unknown and hence the MT cannot be successfully established using the native core multicast.

Here is a link with illustration for the same.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1829/products_feature_guide09186a00803420bc.html#wp1054013

HTH-Cheers,

Swaroop

Swaroop,

Thanks for the link, i will go through and see if it make sense, what i don't get to why Opt#2 can't build MTI via MDT,

Thanks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: