Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.2

richb1971
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

Is it possible to install Unity without integrating with Exchange or Domino?

Regards

Rich

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, however you install Exchange on the same server as Unity for a voicemail only solution.

Perhaps you should look at Unity Connection for all-in-one voice mail soultion.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks Chris. I wanted to install VM only but don't have license for Exchange. Have bought Unity 4.2 already. So would we need to integrate with with existing offbox Exchange even for just VM?

When you purchased Unity you are entitiled to the shipping version of Exchange, and you should have Exchange 2003 media in one of the envelopes.

You can install Exchange on the same server as Unity server if you are running voicemail only solution without secondary Unity server. If you have secondary server you can install Exchange on the secondary server only with Unity 5.0, with 4.2 you need a dedicated message store server.

HTH,

Chris

Cheers Chris. The discs I got are:

Platform Discovery Unity Operating System 2003 & Data Store 2000.

Does one of the above contain Exchange?

Can I use Unity 4.2 on same server as Exchange if for VM only?

Thanks

Rich.

Exchange is on the Cisco Unity Message Store CD.

Yes you can install exchange on the unity server in 4.2 with some stipulations.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/42/release/notes/cu421rn.html#wp417508

I think it depends on whether or not it is exchange 2000 or 2003, not Unity 4.2.

rlp

Chris,

We've got Windows Server 2003 and a "Cisco Unity Enterprise Message Store 2000"! Is Exchange 2003 only supplied with Unity 5? We have Unity 4.2 without failover.

I would open a TAC case to see if you can get the "Cisco Unity Enterprise Message Store 2003 CD"

rlp

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: