Level 7

Please see the file attached.

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

And the question, or problem, is what ?

Hi,

I have mentioed my questions in txt file attached.QOs is there on gigbit port and I want to verify if the packets are being served by priority quque.

Thanks

Hi,

there is no need to worry. gigabit ports are so fast that the priority queue in reality never have a chance to kick in, so either QoS applied or not, things will be OK anyway.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Further to the previous post, I agree I would not ordinarily expect the transmit queues to become congested gigabit interfaces, espectially where you have scaliability with 8 thresholds per queue.

However, in order to answer your question, you would indeed need to enable the priority queue where required, which in this instance is queue-id 1 for 1p3q8t.

'priority-queue cos-map 1 5'

Regards

Allan.

Hi,

Sorry but it doesn't solve my question .Is there any way to find out packets are being served by priority quque or not ?

Thanks

In order to verify whether packets are being served by the priority queue would be to configure your thresholds accordingly and disable to priority queue.

Disabling the priority queue would change the priority queue to be serviced using wrr in the same manor as are the other transmit queues.

Now depending on your drop thresholds you can ensure that packets in queue-id 1 are dropped first. You would then see packet drops on the queue. Once you have verified this enable the priority-queue, this queue should then be emptied first so you should not see packets drops. This may prove difficult to replicate on a gig interface.

Regards

Allan.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: